Competition Category 3 -- Organize your research. Event tasks:
- Task A: Organize at least 20 hard files or ancestral items (books, fabrics, inherited items) into file folders, boxes, envelopes, containers, etc.; archival-quality where appropriate.
- Task B: Organize at least 20 digital files into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, add tags, etc.
- Task C: Organize at least 20 photos into photo albums, scrapbooks, collages, protective holders, boxes, etc.
- Task D: Organize at least 20 digital photos into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, add tags, etc.
- Task E: Create at least 20 data entries in your database, or scan 20 photos, or scan 20 documents.
- Task F: Create a master list of your files and notify your family members of where it is stored.
Before! placed by TV chair at start of Olympics
Since I have to place all data into surname notebooks after entering into computer, the first step is to sort by surname into my file box. The second step will be to make sure the data from each surname file has been entered into my Rootsmagic program trees [Ooh, can now compete in the Cite! category as well!]. The last step is the actual placement in notebook, or picture archival box (or trash if scanned or duplicate record).
Here's where I am after the Friday and Saturday Olympics broadcasts. I still have a small pile left, but have run out of room in the file box... so will have to move on to step 2.
I will be platinum by the time I finish this task, as I'm sure that there is enough for 20 scans, 20 picture sorts, and organizing digital files... Thanks for the nudge Thomas! [Go USA!]